George C. Hall & Sons, Inc. was founded in 1949 by late owner George C. Hall. The company was originally called George C. Hall Contractor and started with a small dump truck, backhoe and one employee. The business was initially based out of George’s home residence on Old County Road in Rockland.
Around 1953, George moved the location of the business to the present day Boston Financial site, off Water Street in Rockland. Sometime around 1961, George relocated to a garage on 26 New County Road, Rockland. In 1964 the business was relocated to 60 New County Road, Rockland where it resided until May of 2006. In May of 2006, the company moved into its new state of the art office on 190 Pleasant Street, Rockland.