History

Home / History

Founded 1949

George C. Hall & Sons, Inc. was founded in 1949 by late owner George C. Hall. The company was originally called George C. Hall Contractor and started with a small dump truck, backhoe and one employee. The business was initially...

Three Generations

Three Generations

George’s two sons, Tim and Jim started laboring in the 1960’s. Tim became Business Manager in 1972 and held that position until he became company President in 1993, a position he holds today. Jim ran a loader until the early...

Incorporated

Incorporated

George C. Hall Contractor was incorporated in 1980 becoming George C. Hall & Sons, Inc. – Historical tidbit: The cost of a gallon of gas in 1980 was $1.19

Ownership

Ownership

The company has remained family owned since its inception in 1949. Year: Owner/Owners 1949-1993: George C. Hall 1993-1998: Marion S. Hall 1998-2006: 5 Children and 3 Grandchildren 2006-Present: 5 Children and 2 Grandchildren

Job sites thru the decades

Job sites thru the decades

1950’s: Stripping Martin Marietta Cement Plant, DOT project in Biddeford, DOT project in Bristol 1960’s: Stripping Martin Marietta Cement Plant, Medomak Valley High School, Rockland District High School 1970’s: Samoset Resort, Rockland Post Office, Rockland Industrial Park, Rockland Sewarage Treatment...

George C. Hall & Sons, Inc. Today

George C. Hall & Sons, Inc. Today

During the 2015 season, George C. Hall employed approximately 40 full time employees. George C. Hall is equipped with many varying size dump trucks, lowbeds, water trucks, a boom truck and a fleet of pickup and rackbody trucks. The company...